With increasing numbers of people undergoing cosmetic surgery, and more companies offering different procedures, it’s vitally important that before you decide to go ahead, you spend some time considering the surgery and the expected results.
To help everyone with gaining achievable and realistic results Nu Cosmetic Clinic offers the following tips to people considering cosmetic surgery.
1) Spend some time doing homework: Research by asking family and friends who have undertaken the surgery themselves. Understand the benefits and all associated risks. Take some help from BAAPS as they provide comprehensive information on cosmetic surgery. Consider checking in public forums where people have shared their experience.
2) Have realistic expectations: Ask yourself first what is realistic and achievable and will it look natural as every person body shape is different. Ask all Cosmetic and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons questions about how the surgery will work for you personally as all surgeries are very personal and results vary for each individual.
3) Collect required information: Talk to clients who have had similar experiences themselves and who have had your procedure so that you know what to expect.
4) Attend a free consultation: Meet with your Plastic Surgeon at a reputable clinic and discuss your full medical history to determine the most appropriate treatment. Seek a more opinions if required until you have decided that this is right for you. Ask for some before and after pictures of the Surgeon’s work, then you can get a better idea of what to expect.
5)Choose a GMC Registered Surgeon: Because GMC Surgeons are qualified, trained, properly certified, experienced in your procedure, and operate only in accredited facilities and are regulated by their code of professional conduct.
6) Find out if the clinic is CQC registered: Registration will assure you that they are meeting the guidelines and national standards.
Consider asking following Questions during the whole process:
Are you a GMC registered Surgeon and/or are registered with BAAPS?
Do you have hospital practicing privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals? If required check with the hospital itself.
How many procedures they have performed and which locations?
Am I a suitable candidate? What will be expected of me to get best results? Are there any pre-operative instructions to follow?
Where and how will your surgery be performed?
Is the surgical facility registered with CQC? If required check with CQC website.
What are the associated risks and complications with the procedure?
Where scar will be made on the body and how long?
How long a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
Will I need to take time off work? If so, how long?
What are post operative instructions?
How much will my procedure cost? Are financing options available?
What is the cancellation policy if you changed your mind?
What kind of implants you will be getting with your Breast Enlargement? What is the guarantee with the implants? Check the guarantee with the implant manufacturer if required.
How are post-complications handled?
Discuss post operative appointments and arrangements to be seen by a Doctor/Nurse.
It is very important that you take your time to decide about the surgery. After your surgery it is equally (if not more) important to attend all the post operative appointments with your Doctor or Nurse so that the healing process is carefully monitored and managed. Lax approach and not attending will not help in the recovery as many complications can be identified at an early stage. Early intervention will ease the healing and it is in your best interest.
Author: Nu Cosmetic Clinic, who have got expert team of surgeons, doctors & nurses performing range of surgeries across UK. For information on any of the procedure or treatment, contact Nu Team free on 0800 0 30 29 30.
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /srv/users/nuccuk/apps/nuccuk/public/wp-content/themes/skinbeauty/single.php on line 40